I didn’t plan to post today, even though I really am enjoying this posting every day thing…. I would like to keep that up.
I’m kind of getting overwhelmed, with everything. Giving the new people who have followed my blog something to read, even if it’s really nothing. Following up on comments and blogs that I need to follow up on. Finding the time to clear my head and process the jumbled state that it is in. And all of the outside stuff, the typical conundrums of daily life.
I made a half-assed joke the other day in a comment about my internet going down. I looked around my home and was like, “WOW! Where has the wife/mother of this house been!?!” Then the internet came back up…. It wasn’t really a joke though.
Quite frankly, my brain needed a break today. My brain, and my heart. Plus, I’ve got like two days to finish up with a mess of college registration stuff and getting my sons school registration done. (These are both things that are only half my fault they weren’t taken care of sooner.)…. Yet, here I am… blogging. (So much for my self discipline, huh?! lol)
Before THAT post was published, I was hinting at some real life stresses going on. Swirling around in the mess that is my mind at the moment, I have known that I need to follow up on that. I’m not a fan of leaving you all hanging. (If you’re “new” to my blog, this one pretty much sums it up for ya, Get Further Faster, Pick up that Ball and Chain.) Plus there was that whole post about consistency, and the Blogging 101 stuff, and on and on and on.
I feel like there are a lot of lose ends…. Remember Paul Harvey and his “the rest of the story”. Well, I am a FAN of the rest of the story. Not often do you ever hear the rest of the story…. It drives me crazy!!!
You hear about the moment, the struggling mother that needs help, the horrible crash on I927, the man that got pulled out of a burning building barely alive. But, you NEVER hear the rest of the story.
Did the mom make it? Does she have a job now? How are the kids? Did those people that were in ICU from that crash make it? How are they now? Can they work? Return to their every day lives? Are they struggling with a lifetime disability now? Did that man from the fire heal? How are his kids and wife? Did they emotionally survive through that? Did he?
I have questions people!!! I want to know the rest of the story. I hate being left hanging. It’s not a nosy thing, I sincerely care about the rest of the story. Maybe that’s the suiting title for this blog, (I’m STILL very new to this blog, I’m still building it’s name, another thing on my plate….) The Rest of the Story… that’d probably be copyright infringement though… Hmm. (If anyone has a chance to look into that, it’d be awesome! I don’t even know where to start with copyright laws)
I don’t even know where I’m going with this post. I don’t know where I’m going with a lot lately. I have a list of things rolling around in my head that I AM going to get to posting/doing.
- Create a Facebook page for my blog so that we can connect on a deeper level, without “endangering” the privacy of my family and friends.
- The follow up to that car of mine that went ker-plunk and dropped the last straw on my haystack of what else could possibly go wrong
- Finding every single re-blog of my abortion post and jump in on the awesome conversations that I am very much missing out on.
- Thinking of, creating, and implementing a logo for my blog
- Visiting my mom, catching up, and requesting her permission to talk about a little bit of her story
- Experiencing all of your blogs, in every sense of the word ‘experience’. Not just quickly gleaming over them to find something that I already expected to find, that we share enough of a common something that I want to follow you too.
- Follow up on my abortion post, because it’s not over with just that post. But, don’t talk about just abortion and whoa is me, cause that gets old, FAST, for the writer and the reader.
- What I’m going to say on Monday when I make my first “I Made It! Monday” post.
- Cleaning my house. Doing some paying work. Spring cleaning a bunch of stuff we need to purge (yes, I know it’s fall, that’s kind of my point here!!)
- Spending REAL time with my family. (My husband is so awesome, he has not said ONE word about me being lost in the blogging world.) But, he doesn’t have to say it to feel the repercussions of it, and I don’t need him to say it either, to know.
Like I said, I don’t really know where I’m going with this. I guess I just wanted to make sure that you all knew that I’m not going anywhere. (Ha. Ha. Obviously! That was a totally coincidental pun.) And… I needed to reach out for your help, because in the past, when I haven’t told anyone what was going on in my head, it kinda fucked me.
Bloggers, please tell me the secrets of your wise wisdom, gained from experience I have yet to (uh….) experience. How do you give your blog and your readers and everyone elses blogs the attention that they deserve, without losing your self in the mean time? How do you devote so much time, when there is paying work to be done, houses to clean, kids to spend time with, husbands to appreciate, even my dogs are feeling left out! If I could get paid to do this, oh it’d be heaven, but I don’t. How do all of you manage? How do all of you balance it all?
I don’t want to get lost in the crowd… or anywhere else….
P.S. This is the hint as to why I might not post for a day or two… or three, while I regain my footing. I can’t promise that I won’t, but if I don’t… I WILL be back! So, enjoy your commercial break… but don’t go running away on me!!! Lol.